Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mervin E. Aikey 1928-

My mom brought me the obit for Charles H. Aikey (1949-2013) and asked how he was related. She worked with him at Chef's and remembered that he was related to us.  This post is to answer her question. (Note, Charles Aikey married Sandra I. Oberdorf - those Aikey's and Oberdorfs married each other A LOT!)  The answer is : Lewis, William, Harry, Hugh, Mervin, Charles.  We are related to Lewis Aikey through his sons Lewis & Robert (yes, we are related to both of them..  both are brothers to William), so the connection is distant.

Mervin E.  Aikey
Born 1928
Died 
married
Edna J. Wirth
daughter of Charles and Dora (Ulrich) Wirth
Born 22 Oct 1929
Died 21 Dec 2010


1930 United States Federal Census about Mervin E Aikey
Name: Mervin E Aikey
Gender: Male
Birth Year: abt 1928
Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Race: White
Home in 1930: West Buffalo, Union, Pennsylvania
View Map
Marital Status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Hugh J Aikey
Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Mother's Name: Lena C Aikey
Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Household Members:
Name Age
Hugh J Aikey 30
Lena C Aikey 21
Sarah E Aikey 5
[5 6/12] 
Galen E Aikey 2
[2 ??/12] 
Mervin E Aikey 2
[2 1/12] 
Amelia N Aikey 0

Edna's Info From her Obit:

United States Obituary Collection about Edna J. Aikey
Name of Deceased: Edna J. Aikey
Gender: F (Female)
Age at Death: 81
Death Date: 21 Dec 2010
Obituary Date: 25 Dec 2010
Newspaper Title: Lewisburg Daily Journal
Newspaper Location: Milton, PA, USA
Birth Date: 22 Oct 1929
Spouse's Name: Mervin E. Aikey
Parents' Names: Charles and Dora (Ulrich) Wirth
Childrens' Names: Charles H. and Sandra I. Aikey of Lewisburg and Randall L. and Sandy M. Aikey of Mifflinburg
Siblings' Names: Carlton; Ernestine Wirth, Miriam Zimmerman and Nellie Aikey
Marriage Date: 23 Mar 1946
Number of Grandchildren: 12
Number of Great-grandchildren: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment