Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Clayton W. Ford 1851-1921

Clayton W. Ford
Born 1852
Died 1921
Married
Harriet Catherine Hagerman
Born 1853
Died 1934


Children:
none that I have found record of



1860 United States Federal Census about Clayton W Ford
Name: Clayton W Ford
Age in 1860: 7
Birth Year: abt 1853
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1860: Liberty, Hancock, Ohio
Gender: Male
Post Office: Findlay
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members:
Name Age
Jesse Ford 37
Mary Ford 29
Teressa J Ford 9
Clayton W Ford 7
Lycurgus L Ford 5
Louisa A Ford 7/12
Samuel Powell 16
Gideon Powell 16

1870 United States Federal Census about C W Ford
Name: C W Ford
Age in 1870: 18
Birth Year: abt 1852
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1870: Amanda, Hancock, Ohio
Race: White
Gender: Male
Post Office: Vanlue
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members:
Name Age
Jessie Ford 46
Mary Ford 38
Theressa Ford 19
C W Ford 18
S L Ford 16
L A Ford 12
I A Ford 9
F E Ford 4

T E Ford 2


1880 United States Federal Census about Clayton W. Ford
Name: Clayton W. Ford
Age: 28
Birth Year: abt 1852
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1880: Findlay, Hancock, Ohio
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: Jesse Ford
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Name: Mary Ford
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
Neighbors: View others on page
Occupation: Farm Laborer
Household Members:
Name Age
Jesse Ford 53
Mary Ford 50
Clayton W. Ford 28
L. L. Ford 25
Alice L. Ford 19
Ida A. Ford 17
Etta Ford 15
L. E. Ford 11

1900 United States Federal Census about Clayton Ford
Name: Clayton Ford
Age: 42
Birth Date: Jun 1858
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1900: Marion, Hancock, Ohio
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Harriet Ford
Marriage Year: 1887
Years Married: 13
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Clayton Ford 42

Harriet Ford 47

1910 United States Federal Census about Chayton W Ford
Name: Chayton W Ford
[Clayton W Ford] 
Age in 1910: 57
Birth Year: abt 1853
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1910: Marion, Hancock, Ohio
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Harriet K Ford
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Chayton W Ford 57
Harriet K Ford 57
Hazel Merckley 10

1920 United States Federal Census about Clayton W Ford
Name: Clayton W Ford
[Clanton W Ford] 
Age: 67
Birth Year: abt 1853
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1920: Marion, Hancock, Ohio
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Harriett C Ford
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Clayton W Ford 67

Harriett C Ford 66

Burial:
Maple Grove Cemetery, 1120 West Main Cross Street, Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio  USA







Working through to look for a Moore/Cole/Ewig Connection, based on this email that I received in September:

"What I have is about 15-20 letters written between Clayton and Harriet.  They aren't really my letters.  They belong to my cousin.  He had given me several bins of family history items to make copies of, and these letters were included in those bins.  I know his Grandmother, Mildred (Moore) Cole had them at one time, and they have been passed down.  I don't know how Mildred obtained them.  Are there any Moores, Ewings, or Coles in this family line?  I just haven't been able to find any family connection.  Anyhow, these letters are written from 1885 thru 1887, when Hattie lived in Comly, PA and Clayton lived in Findlay. It was obviously a courtship through the mail situation. "

(Yes, of course I will share the letters once I receive them.  If I do not yet have them online, email me at htruck@gmail.com )


No comments:

Post a Comment