Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Adolph Schambach 1690-1750

Researching as the possible father of Catharina "Schmuckenbrucken", wife of Sebastian Truckenmiller.

Adolph Schambach
son of
Born
Died October 20 1750
Married 1714 in Germany
2nd Anna Dorothy
daughter of
Born
Died

Children
Elizabeth Shambach 1715 – 1786
George Shambach 1718 – 1794
Catharina Shambach 1719 – 1793
Valentine Shambach 1724 – 1808
Anna Elizabeth Schambach 1726 – 1812

1719- Marriage to Magdalena Bayerbach
Age: 29

1723 - Residence
Age: 33
Fussgonheim, Germany
Listed as a head of household in Fussgonheim, Germany

April 17 1729 Occupation
Age: 39
Fussgonheim, Germany
At his son George's baptism, was listed as a weaver in Fussgonheim

Aug 19 1729 - Arrival 
Age: 39
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Name: Adam Shamback, Ship: MORTONHOUSE Captain: JAMES COULTAS Place: ROTTERDAM Date: AUG, 19, 1729

on the captains list he appears as Adam Shambach, but on the oath of allegiance he appears as Adolph Schomboch.  Anna Dorthea & Elizabeth both appear as well - but I do not see the other children on the list.


August 26 1749 - Codecil written
(I'm not sure when the will was written)


Download a pdf file with all the photos, and the transcription, here:
https://copy.com/okRUdTfrZnYE

Family Mentioned in the will
"Second Son" Valentine receives the "plantation"


Three other children which I issued with my Second Wife


Three grandchildren of my first daughter Elizabeth the wife of Jacob Jost


Eldest Son John George
Daughter Catherine

Youngest Daugther Elizabeth

Transcription Of The Will
I Volintine Shambach son of Audolph Shambach deced. Dorothy Shambach the widow having renounced
Greeting
Whereas The said Audolph Shambach in his life Time made a certain writing or Codicil under his Hand & Seal bearing date the 26th day of august in the year of our Lord one Thousand seven hundred & fortynine purporting his Last Will & Testament a true Copy wherof is hereunto annexed but named no Executors thereof He the sd. deced. having whilst he lived & at the Time of his death divers Goods Chattels Rights & Credits within the said Province by means whereof the full disposition and Power of granting the administration of all and Singluar the Goods Chattels Rights & Credits which were of the said said deced. within the sd. Province and also the auditing the accts. Calculacons & Rechkonings of the said administration & the Probation & approbation of the sd. Codicil to me is manifestly known to belong I desiring that the Goods Rights & Credits wch. were of the said Deced. may be well and truly adminstred to and the said writing or Codical have its due weight do hereby grant unto you the said Volintine Shambach for whose fidelity in this behalf I very much Confide full Power by the Tenor of these Presents to administer the Goods Chattels Rights & Credits which were of the said deced. within the said Province And also to ask Collect Levy recover & receive the Credits whatsoever of the said deced. wch. at the Time of his death were owing or to him did anyway belong and to Pay the Debts in wch. the said Deced. Stood obliged and the Legacies in the said Codicil mentioned so far forth as the sd. Goods Rights & Credits will Extend according to their rate & Order of Law Especially of well & truly administring the Goods Chattels Rights & Credits wch. were of the sd. deced. & making a true & perfect Inventory thereof and Exhibiting the same into the Regr. Genl.'s office at Philad. at or before the 3d. day of December next & rendring a true & just accot. Calculation or reckoning of the said administration at or before the 4th day of November Anno 1751 and I do by these Presents Ordain Constitute & Deputis you the said Volintine Shambach Administrator of all & singular the Goods Chattels Rights & Credits of the said deced. within the Limits aforesaid. with the writing or Codicil aforesaid annexed Saving harmless & forever Indemnifying me & all other officers agst. all other Persons whatsoever by reason of Your administration aforesaid & Saving to all others their Rights In Testimony whereof I have hereunto Set my hand & Seal of office at Philadelphia the 3d day of November in the year of our Lord One Thousand Seven hundred & fifty
Wm. Plumsted Regr. Genl.
In the Name of God I Adolph Shambach of Philada. County Do make my Last will & Testament & that by my good understanding & sound memory & containing as follows Imprimis I give & bequeath unto my Second Son Volintine my Plantation with with all the Improvements & Buildings thereon nothing Excepted for the only use and behoof of him and his Heirs so that none of his Brother & Sisters can make any Claim or Pretention on the same after my Death Item I will have that my Second Son Volintine shall pay unto my three other Children which I Issued with my Second wife besides my three Grandchildren of my first Daughter Elizabeth the wife of Jacob Jost the Sum of one hundred fifity five Pounds at the hereafter mentioned Terms Item I will if it happens that his mother over lives me my Son valentine shall pay the lawfull Interests of the above mentioned 155 £ unto her for her maintenance without any upbraiding and that so long as she goes by name but if she against Expectation should marry again she only is to have her lawfull Share viz. one Third part of all moveables & no more It. I will that the first Term of Payment shall begin one year after our Death & that without Interest vize my Son Valentine shall pay for the first Term 30 Pounds 10 £ therof he is to pay unto my Son John George, and 10 £ unto my Daughter (Catharine) & 10 £ unto my youngest Daughter Elizabeth, the next Second year after our Death shall my Son Valintine Pay 23 £ vize unto my Eldest Son George 11 £ unto my Daughter Catharine 5 £ unto my youngest Daughter Elizabeth 7 £ and so the following 4 years every year 23 £ according to the Division mentioned in the Second Term to pay unto his Brother & Sisters & all that without any Interest the whole Time of the Payments is extending to Six years the whole Sum of every ones shares is as followeth vize I bequeath unto my Son John George the Sum of Sixty five pounds unto my Daughter Catharina the Sum of Thirty five pounds, unto my youngest youngest Daughter Elizabeth the sum of forty five pounds and unto my three Grand Children the Children of Jacob Yost the Sum of Ten Pounds wch. 10 £ shall be the Cash Payment Payable in the seventh year after our death & 10 the whole Sum of 155 £ shall be paid down of my Son Valintine Justly & without any objection All these above Presents I have with Sound Memory & good understanding caused to put down in writing and I will have it kept and Executed firm and inviolably I Testimony thereof I have in the presence of the Subscribed Witnesses put my own Seal & Hand hereunto on the 26th day of August in the year after the gracious Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ 1749 Adolph (X) Shambach
Dirk (D) Casselbery, Christian weber
Translated from the origl. in high German.
Abraham Heiderich
Philada. 3d November 1750 Then Psonally appeared Derick Caselbery & Christian weber witnesses to the foregoing Codicil & upon their Solemn affirmation according to Law did declare they saw & heard Adolph Shambach the Testator therein named Sign, Seal, Publish & declare the said Codicil for & as his Last will & Testament and that at the doing thereof he was of Sound Mind Memory & understanding to the best of their knowledge
Corum. Wm. Plumsted Regr. Genl.



1750 - Death
Age: 60
Lower Providence, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, USA


Research:

No comments:

Post a Comment