Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Delaware Run School


The Delaware Run School
Located at the intersection of 54 & Musser Lane
about 5 miles Northwest of Turbotville PA

This School is still standing in the same location, in 2014
As near as I can tell, this was called:
Delaware Run School
West Point School
The Stony Batter School

The 1906 souvenir says Stony Batter School. In 1907 the souveneir says "Delaware Run Public School".  In 1911 it says "West Point Public School Delaware Township"  
A look at the board of directors shows the both George Kerstetter and Allen Bergenstock both in 1906, 1907 & 1911, making me think they are indeed the same school. (John Ravert appears in 1906 & 1907) But I could be wrong, the men may have served on the boards of more than one school.

Pictured below: Minnie A. Hartranft, Teacher


1907
W. E. Yoder, Teacher





1911 - Clyde D. Wenrick, Teacher






Stony Batter School
1927?


No comments:

Post a Comment