Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Who is Suffin Scharf?


On May 11, 1831, John lent $100. to Suffin Sharf (sic), to be repaid with interest in May 1834. The note was witnessed by John Scharf Jr., Catharine Ann Scharf (?), who made her "X" mark, and Anna Thomson (?). Eighteen hundred thirty one was also the first year that John Scharf Jr. paid an occupation tax (50¢—-double the usual amount, but this may have included John Sr., who was not listed that year). John Sr.'s property was assessed at $250. in 1832.




No comments:

Post a Comment