Genealogy has become a hobby for me over the last 10 years. For me, it's like a puzzle, I love fitting the pieces together. But over the years, I've researched a lot that does not pertain to our family lines. Some for extended family, some for close friends, and some because I was trying to rule out lines to figure out where our line went exactly. I do not want these notes on my Heather's Genealogy Notes blog - because they are not our lines. But I do like to share all of my research, in case it benefits others. That is what this blog is for - research I have done that does not apply to our own family lines, but may be helpful for someone else.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

James Williamson 1715-1762

The Willliamson line is my Stepfathers maternal line - connecting to
 Peter Glosser married Hannah Williamson
I do not yet know that James connects for sure.

James Williamson
Born 1715
Died 1762
Married
Jane Davies Davis
Born
Died

Possible, but not proven, 
Children
William Williamson 1745 – 1802
Absolom Williamson 1750 – 
Gideon Williamson 1751 – 1831
James Williamson 1753 – 
Joseph Williamson 1755 – 
Hannah Williamson 1759 – 
Mary Williamson 1762 – 


RESEARCH:

GIDEON WILLIAMSON was born at Hamburg, Berks county, Pennsylvania, and was a son of William Williamson, whose father was a native of Wales, who settled in Chester county,. Pennsylvania, prior to the Revolution. Early in the present century, Gideon removed to Aspertown, Pennsylvania, and in 1824 he came to Lycoming county, and settled in Lycoming township (now Anthony), where Jackson King now lives. He purchased fifty acres of land from, his brother John, who came to the township the year previous, and he resided there until his death. He and brother had lived in Buffalo valley, Union county, for several years before their settlement in Lycoming county. Gideon served in the war of 1812. He married Lydia Shoemaker, and their children were as follows: James, deceased; Mary, deceased wife of William Smith; Sarah, widow of David Kulp; Lydia, wife of, George Kinney; George, deceased; John, of Williamsport; Gideon, of Iowa; Elizabeth, wife of A. Venanda; Henry S., and Alexander, deceased. Politically he was a Democrat, and a Lutheran in religion.

From another researcher - no documentation yet -

James Williamson from Philadelphia PA in the early 1700's he married Jane Davies on Aug 19 1743 in Philadephia. His children are William, Absolom, Gideon, James jr, Joseph, Hannah and Mary. I am a desendant of William. The only information I have on James is that he came here from Wales.

James Williamson was the son of Robert, b. 3 Oct 1686 in Chester Co., Pa., & Hannah Coppock. I only know of their son James.

Robert was the son of Daniel Williamson (son of Robert & Mary Smith Williamson) and Mary Smith (dau. of Robert Smith & Ellen Williamson - Robert Smith's parents were William Smith & Anne Rylands. Ellen's parents were John Williamson & Jane Harry.)



=========================================================

In the book, "History of Lycoming County PA" it
states that my 7th Great Grandfather James Williamson born around 1710 died in 1762 (married to Jane Davies in Philadelphia Aug 27 1743) was an immigrant from Wales. I am at a stand still I have searched tons of passenger lists and cannot find him there. The only one lead I have is that there were williamson's that came into Virginia in the 1600's and some moved to PA. I also could use some help in where to look for information overseas (Wales & Scotland) I dont have a clue as to where to begin. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents of William WILLIAMSON were James WILLIAMSON (abt 1720 - 1762) &
Jane Davies (Davis); James WILLIAMSON was the son of Robert WILLIAMSON b
3 Oct 1686; Robert WILLIAMSON was the son of Daniel WILLIAMSON (1665
Cheshire, England - 1727 Chester Co. PA) & Mary Smith; Daniel WILLIAMSON
was the son of Robert WILLIAMSON (abt 1630 Cheshire, England - 1689
Cheshire, England) & Margaret Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment